One of the many unpleasant side effects of smoking is severe pain- most often, this pain is felt throughout the legs and feet. The cause of what is described as intense aching, tiredness or discomfort is a condition called Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD) and is caused by the narrowing or hardening of the arteries in your legs.
Some of the symptoms of Peripheral Vascular Disease include:
- Severe pain or aching in the legs during physical exersion (like climbing stairs or walking) or at night.
- Numbness or tingling sensation in legs or feet.
- Burning or aching in toes while resting
- Sores or open wounds on the feet that will not heal due to lack of blood flow
- One or both legs/feet feeling cold or changing color (pale, blue or reddish toned) due to lack of blood flow
Watch this video about how a PAD sufferer changed his life and eliminated the pain associated with this dibilitating disease:
Was this post helpful? Please leave your comments here.